Performance Evaluation of the City Council of the Self-Governing City of Batumi in 2020
09 September, 2021
Transparency International Georgia studied the performance of Batumi City Council of 2017 convocation in 2020 (Hereinafter: reporting/research period). We present the information on the performance of the City Council in the following aspects:
- Important legal acts adopted;
- Exercise of the oversight function;
- Activities of the commissions, factions, and councils;
- Business connections of the members of the City Council and incompatible activities;
- Citizen engagement and accountability;
- Activities of the Gender Equality Council;
- Expenses of the City Council.
The research also covers the main findings and recommendations. This information will support the City Council, formed after the 2021 Local Self-Government elections, in its future activities.
The report is based on the information requested and received from the City Council, on observations of our organization, and on the materials of the media outlets.
Transparency International Georgia published the 2017-2019 performance evaluation of Batumi City Council in March 2020.