TI Georgia Statement about Georgian election process (11:00 - 14:00)
Statement on the Georgian election process (11:00 - 14:00)
Our observers reported the following serious incidents affecting the voting process during the period 11:00 - 14:00:
1. In Batumi, precinct #17, four people could not vote because somebody else signed their name in the voter list.
2. In Martvili, precinct #3, unknown people stole the voter lists meant for use with a mobile ballot box.
3. In Dusheti, precinct #25, there were no voter lists available for precinct registrars, and they were forced to use the lists meant for the public to use to verify their own information.
4. In Gardabani, precinct #27, some people were asking registrars whom to vote for and registrars told them to circle number 5.
5. In Sighnaghi, precincts #28 and #29, a member of the election committee, Vano Petriashvili, did not allow journalists to make video recordings inside the polling station. Afterward, military police members came to that precinct and voted.
6. In Chiatura, precinct #57, they received a seal for precinct #32 instead and are waiting for a replacement seal.
Transparency International Georgia's observers have submitted 22 complaints to electoral commissions so far.