Administrative expenditures of Kutaisi City Hall and City Council in 2017-2020
Transparency International Georgia presents the information regarding the expenditures of Kutaisi municipality from 2017 to December 2020, that amount to GEL 22,551,848 in total.
The research compiles the information on remunerations, rewards/bonuses, additional pays as well as on the communication costs of the administrations, business trips, fuel, vehicle repair/diagnostics and representative expenditures.
- Kutaisi City Hall and City Council spent GEL 5,232,467 in 2017, GEL 5739,994 in 2018, GEL 6,169,774 in 2019 and GEL 5,409,613 on remunerations, rewards/bonuses, additional pays as well as on the communication costs of the administrations, business trips, fuel, vehicle repair/diagnostics and representative expenditures in total.
- In 2017-2020, Kutaisi City Hall and City Council spent in total:
► On remuneration - GEL 17,324,872,
► On rewards/bonus, assistance, additional payment - GEL 2,038,816,
► On business trips - GEL 318,968,
► On representative costs - GEL 815,721,
► On communications - GEL 258,508,
► On fuel - GEL 1,377,390,
► On vehicle service - GEL 417,571.
- Since 2017, the number of employees has been reduced by 25 in Kutaisi Municipality. Currently, there are 389 people employed in total as permanent and contract-based staff in the City Hall and the City Council.
- The rise in position remunerations in Kutaisi municipality caused the total remuneration expenditures to grow since 2018. Compared to 2017, the municipality spent GEL 946,670 more on remunerations in 2020 and the total expenditure summed up to GEL 4,753,297.67.
- In 2017, Kutaisi City Hall spent GEL 395,890 in total on the bonuses, assistance and additional payments of the employees, whereas in 2019, these expenditures were increased by GEL 247,276 and reached GEL 643,166. In 2020, it was reduced to GEL 108,515.
- In 2017-2020, unlike the City Hall, the City Council reduced the volume of bonuses, additional payments and assistance. In 2017, this expenditure amounted to GEL 177,429, and was reduced to GEL 109,020 in 2019 and was almost halved in 2020 and made GEL 55,550.
The number of employees and the remuneration:
The City Hall and the City Council of Kutaisi municipality spent GEL 17,324,872 on remunerations in 2017-2020.
The number of employees in Kutaisi City Hall was reduced by 20 in 2020 compared to 2017, however, the expenses of the remuneration were increased. In particular, in 2017, the remuneration costs of the officials, the staff members and contract-based employees amounted to GEL 3,138,858 in total, while in 2020, this expenditure was increased by GEL 756,725 and amounted to GEL 3,895,583. This increase was caused by the increase of remunerations by ranks.
The number of employees in Kutaisi Council was reduced by 5, but the remuneration costs were increased here as well.
In 2017-2020, a total of GEL 2,038,816 was spent on bonuses, rewards, additional pays and assistance.
From 2017 to 2019, the bonuses/additional pays/assistances for employees in the City Hall was increased by GEL 247,276: It amounted to GEL 395,890.54 in 2017, GEL 460,108.39 in 2018, GEL 643,166.83 in 2019. These costs were drastically reduced to GEL 108,515 in 2020.
Unlike the City Hall, the City Council tends to reduce the costs associated with bonuses, additional pays and assistance since 2017. This expense amounted toGEL 177,429 in 2017, where in 2020, it was reduced to GEL 55,550.
Business trips, communications and representative costs:
In 2017-2020 the costs of business trips amounted to GEL 318,968, communication (City Hall) costs amounted to GEL 258,508, while the representative costs were GEL 815,721.
The business trip costs were characterised by the decreasing tendency in the research period. The city hall spent GEL 114,825 in this regard and reduced it to GEL 63,243 in 2019, where in 2020, during the pandemic, they only spent GEL 7,261.
According to Kutaisi City Council, the council does not keep the detailed communication cost records separately, because these costs are covered by the council and the city hall together. Kutaisi city council provided us with the orders regarding the allocation of communication limits.
The communication costs of Kutaisi City Hallare as follows:
Kutaisi City Hall and the City Council spent GEL 1,377,390 on fuel and GEL 417,571 on vehicle service.
The fuel costs in the municipality were increased by GEL 153,673 from 2017 to 2019. Hereby, the vehicle service costs were increased as well. Compared to 2019, the fuel costs along with the vehicle service costs were drastically reduced in 2020.