Presidential Elections - TI Georgia/GORBI Pre-election Media Monitoring: Preliminary Results
Transparency International Georgia (TI Georgia) and GORBI-Gallup International are carrying out pre-election media monitoring covering the period from 17 November 2007 to 5 January 2008. The monitoring covers national TV stations and newspapers. As part of this monitoring, TI Georgia and GORBI evaluate:
- The frequency of presidential candidates’ appearance on TV and in print media;
- The tone of the coverage of presidential candidates by TV and print media;
- Political advertisements and their prices (on the basis of official price lists);
- The number of interviews, editorials, and other print media materials and TV stories;
- he photos of presidential candidates in print media.
The media monitoring covers the following TV stations and newspapers: TV Stations – Public Broadcasting, Mze, Rustavi 2, Imedi, Kavkasia, Alania; Newspapers – 24 Hours, Rezonansi, Kviris Palitra, Asaval-Dasavali, Akhali Taoba, Alia, Georgian Times, Kronika, Sakartvelos Respublika and Akhali Versia.